We have started 2015 in prayer!
What a fantastic evening we had at our Watchnight service. God was certainly with us as around 200 people gathered to pray the New Year in. Now we are in our prayer week and, following our Prayer Sunday, we continue to press in to all that God has said for us as a church.
Prayer is the power house of the church, it is where victories are won, where guidance is received, and brings purpose and unity to the church. Charles Finney said:
“Nothing tends more to cement the hearts of Christians than praying together. Never do they love one another so well as when they witness the outpouring of each other’s hearts in prayer.”
So this week we have opportunities every day to meet for corporate prayer:
Church Evening Prayer Meetings
There are two church evening prayer meetings during the week of prayer. Monday evening and Friday evening, both from 19:30 till 21:30 at Chadwell Church
Early Morning Prayer
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday we will be meeting in the Church Offices starting at 06:00 for one hour.
Staring at 22:00 on Friday night at the Church offices there will be a prayer meeting going into the early hours of Saturday morning.
What are we praying for?
There is so much to pray about, so it is good to have some guidance and focus. However, I am sure that the Holy Spirit will lead us as we pray!
Here are some prayer topics for our Prayer Week:
We are convinced that everything flows from discipleship. Each of us faithfully following Jesus in daily obedience. Let us pray:
- That as a community of disciples we will each grow in our faith and our walk with God
- That the spiritual disciplines of prayer, worship and scripture become a regular part of our daily life
- That we will all be involved in service, mission and giving
- That we will all be committed to the community of believers that make up Community Church
- For our Life Groups that they will be missional communities of believers who worship God, are friends with each other and are on an adventure of reaching the lost for Christ
- For our Sunday Celebrations that as we come together there will be a real sense of God’s presence among us. That there will be encouraging and equipping teaching, Spirit filled worship, and a knowledge that we belong together as a family
- That our Children and Youth will grow strong in the Lord and will walk in the ways that He has ordained for them.
We have many opportunities to serve and make a difference in the communities where God has placed us. Let us pray for:
- our Piglets Parent and Toddler group, Jelli Babies, and Knit and Natter. These are great opportunities to not only serve the community but bring God’s love and joy to those who attend
- the 180 Project, which reaches into schools through our schools workers and volunteers
- those in the church who serve their communities in many different ways.
- For an extension and expansion of our community effectiveness
- That we will be salt and light to our communities for the glory of God.
We rejoice that we have seen many people saved in 2014, but we continue to pray for more! Let us pray:
- For Alpha as it starts at the end of January
- For the witness and evangelism of the church that we might be bold in proclaiming Jesus in all that we do
- For our heart to plant churches in communities where we believe God has called us to serve, particularly Basildon and Ockendon. Please pray for wisdom and guidance as we seek to do this and for doors to open to enable this to take place.
- Resources to enable the work and reach of the church to grow
There are many areas of prayer that are not mentioned here. Please add your prayer topics and comments at the bottom of this blog and encourage many to join with us during what will be a great and impactful week of prayer.